Thursday 4 August 2016

My Soul Cries


My African soul is crying out
Crying out to be nourish
Nourish with its own food
Food that is planted in its own soil
It cries out” what are you feeding me?”
Feed me Amadumbe and Ifino

My roots cry out to be watered
Not with chemical water
With water of the African rivers
"Quench my thirst with Amahewu and Amarul"

My hair is crying out
Crying out to be left alone
My hair screams!!!!!What are all this chemicals?
"Why are you burning me?"
"Are you trying to kill my strong black strength"
"Why are you using glue on me???"
"Am I shoes?"

                                                    
I cry out!!!
Feed me with my own
Nature me with my own
Spoil me with my own
Write songs for my soul
Please me by talking to me in my own language
Touch my heart by pleasing not my body but my soul
I want  to be Kissed by the African Sun"



Mother Africaby BenHeine




   xoxo
   Samke
   Sugar&Spices

2 comments:

  1. My African Queen though, my soul cries out indeed and wants to be nurtured by it true African soil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Ayanda.....As we move with the modern times, let's not forget that we are The Children Of The Soil and we should take Pride in who we are.
      Thank you my cupcake for your Love and Support
      x0x0
      Samke
      Sugar&Spices

      Delete