Thursday 28 July 2016

Creamy Sigwamba(Creamy Spinach Pap)



 As Africans we have numerous ethnic groups and within each tribal group we still differ from each other. Those from the South might differ in language or cultural customs from the Northern although they are all from the same ethnic group. 
 Which brings me to today’s Recipe, which I originally got from my Granz but I put a little modern twist to it.

Originally in this recipe you boil the spinach/mfino but not today

Ingredients

2 Bunch of Spinach( finely chopped)
2 Cups of Maize Meal
1 Onion( finely chopped)
Garlic
1Table Spoon of Oil
Feta Cheese



Black Pepper
Salt

Method
·         Heat up the oil in a pot.
·         When the oil is hot add your onion
·         Add garlic to the  onion, keep string to prevent the onion and garlic from burning.
·         Add the finely chopped spinach, Black Pepper and Salt for seasoning. Close the pot lid and let the spinach cook through
·         Add Feta
·         Add a cup of maize meal and mix together (without removing the pot from the stove)and add more maize meal if need be
      Let it rest for a few minutes and stir again and repeat for 3/4 times until cooked 

I

I   I served my Creamy Sigwamba with BBQ chicken and roasted vegetables, do share what you served yours with.


   xoxo
   Samke
   Sugar&Spices




2 comments:

  1. My African Queen your presentation is on point also...let me not talk about the food only hey...nicely presented dear. I'm pretty sure that this dish will definitely bring warmth to oneself hey...this kind of food make you feel at home indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much hun, hearing all this feedback is amazing and touching.
      Xoxo
      Samke
      Sugar&Spices

      Delete