Friday 12 August 2016

Be Patient with me


I am still learning. I know it’s hard to believe or understand but I am still learning.
I am still learning how to be passionate again without any fear
For I had forgotten how to think with my heart because it’s not acceptable in our society
I am learning how to embrace my roots and my origin without any apologies
I am still learning to love myself without makeup and well styled hair
I am still learning how to love that girl I see in the  mirror without acting overly confident
I am still learning how to love me with my Afro



I am still learning that Vulnerable doesn’t always mean Weak
I am still learning that it takes strength to be delicate
I am still learning that walls don’t always protect you
I am still learning that those very same walls hurt you sometimes
I am still learning that behind them you hurt all by yourself in darkness
I am still learning how to let people in
I am still learning how to eat food that my grandparents enjoyed







I ask again……..Be patient with me
I am still learning that Zulu dancing is a part of who I am and if it makes me look uncool Sorry This is who I am
I am still learning that no matter how much you speak the next person’s language it doesn’t mean you will be acceptable to them
I am still trying to grasp that freedom of speech has less to do with freedom, for regardless of your freedom this society expects us to sugar coat everything so you can be adored and accaptable to them
I am still trying to understand where the freedom in that is
I am still learning that sometimes you have to stop caring before they see that you cared all this time while they were still blind
I am still learning how to pour my heart out without any fear of judgement and scrutiny






Pants                                     - Gift from my Cousin
White Long Sleeve Top        - Edgars
Purple Neck-piece                - free market
Colorful head wrap              - Gift from a friend
African Design Sandals        - China Mall


xoxo
Samke 
Sugar&Spices





No comments:

Post a Comment